By Jean-Michel Eymeri-Douzans,Jon Pierre
After 1 / 4 of a century of implementation of recent Public administration (NPM) reform concepts, this e-book assesses the most important genuine results of those reforms on states and public sectors, at either the organisational point and a extra political point. in contrast to such a lot prior debts of reform, this ebook seems to be at how reform has replaced the position of the general public management in democratic governance. that includes case reviews at the united kingdom, Germany, France, Norway, eire, Switzerland, Scandinavia, put up communist states, Mexico, South Korea, Turkey and the eu fee, and concentrating on concerns this book:
- Examines the numerous diversifications within the "trajectories" of administrative reform between West eu international locations at the foundation of empirically rooted examine on diversified nationwide case studies.
- Assesses the level to which those "constitutive" public regulations have affected the associations of presidency and the governing approaches of our democratic occidental states and ask how have NPM-inspired courses, with their unique specialize in managerialist ambitions and tools, challenged the political and democratic nature of public management?
Looking on the broader concerns on the subject of the present recompositions of democratic states, this publication may be of curiosity to scholars and students of all concerns in terms of public management and governance inside of political technology, administration, public legislation, sociology, modern heritage, and cultural studies.
Read Online or Download Administrative Reforms and Democratic Governance (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science) PDF
Similar ideologies books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Politik - Politische Theorie und Ideengeschichte, be aware: 1,7, Universität Regensburg (Politikwissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Einführung in die politische Philosophie, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Eingangs soll ein kurzer Überblick über die Grundlagen des Rechtsstaatsprinzips gegeben werden.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Politik - Politische Theorie und Ideengeschichte, observe: 1,0, Universität Rostock (Institut für Politik- und Verwaltungswissenschaften), Veranstaltung: Klassiker der Staatsphilosophie I, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die Wissenschaft setzt sich auch knapp 500 Jahre nach dem Tod des Niccolò Machiavelli (1469 – 1527) immer noch mit seinen kontroversen Thesen auseinander, welche „ihre Faszination keineswegs eingebüßt haben.
The Tao of Democracy presents an more and more correct and compelling imaginative and prescient of wiser public coverage and colourful democratic tradition. Written by means of lifelong activist Tom Atlee, The Tao of Democracy is rooted in an easy, but innovative proposition that opens doorways to confident democratic switch: Given a supportive constitution and assets, different usual humans can interact to accomplish universal floor.
This booklet addresses the problem of reforming safeguard and army policy-making in newly democratized countries. by way of tracing the improvement of civil-military relatives in quite a few new democracies from a comparative point of view, it hyperlinks our bodies of scholarship that to date have remained principally separate: the examine of rising (or failed) civilian keep an eye on over militia at the one hand; and paintings at the roots and motives of army effectiveness to assure the safety and safety of electorate at the different.
- The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution
- The End of Socialism
- German Intellectuals and the Challenge of Democratic Renewal: Culture and Politics after 1945
- Representation: Elections and Beyond (Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism)
- Marxism Today: Essays on Capitalism, Socialism, and Strategies for Social Change: Essays on Capitalism, Socialism and Strategies for Social Change (Foundations of Social Inquiry)
Additional resources for Administrative Reforms and Democratic Governance (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science)
Administrative Reforms and Democratic Governance (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science) by Jean-Michel Eymeri-Douzans,Jon Pierre