By Sophie Body-Gendrot,Jacques Carré
Read or Download A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public PDF
Similar regional planning books
Many Europeans imagine that city twinning has enormously contributed to integration in Europe after the second one global warfare. This ebook, in response to observations and interviews with twinning practitioners in small cities, finds the social and cultural procedures that tell twinning as a transnational perform, its views and its limits.
Past devolution and decentralisation compares the politics, regulations and polity-building dynamics of devolution in Wales and decentralisation within the French area of Brittany. Empirically, the publication attracts conclusions from in-depth fieldwork inside areas and reviews the findings of a comparative public opinion survey.
Progress Pole procedure and neighborhood improvement coverage: Asian event and substitute ways specializes in theoretical and functional matters in local coverage, together with analytical and strategic ways to neighborhood improvement and underdevelopment difficulties. the choice first bargains info on Asian case reports in decentralization coverage and the expansion pole method, together with developments in improvement making plans in Japan and the case learn of the Mizushima business complicated.
Even though all complex business societies have city and local improvement guidelines, such coverage within the usa traditionally has taken on a really targeted shape. in comparison with the extra top-down, centrally orchestrated techniques of Western ecu nations, US towns and, to a lesser measure, states, take the lead, spurred on via builders and people with curiosity in lease.
- Doomsday: The Science of Catastrophic Events
- Transforming Distressed Global Communities: Making Inclusive, Safe, Resilient, and Sustainable Cities (Urban Planning and Environment)
- Biowaste and Biological Waste Treatment
- Exhibitions and the Development of Modern Planning Culture
- Emergent Urbanism: Urban Planning & Design in Times of Structural and Systemic Change (Design and the Built Environment)
- Urban Transport without the hot air: Volume 1: Sustainable solutions for UK cities
Extra resources for A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public
A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public by Sophie Body-Gendrot,Jacques Carré